Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Title Bar - Display current selection & associtated data of a field

Hi All,

Can we display current selection value and associated value of a field in the Title Bar of Chart/Text box/Table?

Two examples in the below screen shot.

Title Bar.bmp

Suggestion / Solutions are most welcome !!!

Thanks

Gangadharan M

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

I'd use the Concat() functions to display the values selected or possible in each selection. In the first case, this should do in the caption, though:

='Year: ' & Max(Year) & ' Month: ' & Min(Month) & ' - ' & Max(Month)

The second case is not possible, since the functions used to return possible values don't go in that from-to way you are expecting unless you use two fields instead of one, of course. I'd use something like

='Year: ' & Max(Year) & ' Month: ' & Concat(DISTINCT Month)

That will return the list for all months possible, Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Aug and so on.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

I'd use the Concat() functions to display the values selected or possible in each selection. In the first case, this should do in the caption, though:

='Year: ' & Max(Year) & ' Month: ' & Min(Month) & ' - ' & Max(Month)

The second case is not possible, since the functions used to return possible values don't go in that from-to way you are expecting unless you use two fields instead of one, of course. I'd use something like

='Year: ' & Max(Year) & ' Month: ' & Concat(DISTINCT Month)

That will return the list for all months possible, Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Aug and so on.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Really awesome !!!

Thanks, Thanks a lot.

j_nlucas
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

You can try GetCurrentSelections

Joaquin