Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alkesh_sharma
Creator III
Creator III

To to select one value from a field on selection of another value in another field.

Hello

When I am selecting Month it selects selecting the corresponding value from Month1.

Now If I have one vale in Month say 'ABC' and no corresponding value in month1. It should say all grey in month1 (Not associated.)

Please find the attached QVW for reference.

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

What you want is not possible without associating the two tables. See attached qvw.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

This is the type of logic that you should build into your data model. In other words: If you load your two tables and have a key between the tables, it will work automatically. In your data model you do not have any link between the tables.

No links.png

Do not use triggers, actions or macros for this.

HIC

alkesh_sharma
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanx for your suggestion. but this is my pain that I cannot Map these two tables, because these two tables are connected to other tables and If I map these two, It would give me a loop....

so I need trigger like these...:(

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

I haven't seen your data model, but I dare say that you should not use a trigger to do this. Instead you should create a data model where you solve this problem. Maybe include the month in a composite key? Or concatenate two of your tables to a common fact table?

Circular references are in my experience usually errors in the thinking around the data model: That you have linked two fields that you think are the same, but they really have two different roles. See more on http://community.qlik.com/blogs/qlikviewdesignblog/2013/06/25/circular-references. But since I haven't seen your data model, I cannot say for sure.

HIC

alkesh_sharma
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thankx Henric,

If possible, will share you the data model soon. Probably you would be able to help me better.