Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danielreber
Contributor II
Contributor II

Tooltips on Boxplots

Hi,

I like the boxplot wizard, but I would like to add additional tooltips that will show no matter where on the x-axis data points the user hovers over.

Currently, the tooltip only displays when the user hovers over the upper outlier and only the x-axis value and the outlier are displayed. I would like these values plus the 75th, median, 25th, and lower outliers to be displayed on hover over the upper, boxplot, and lower points.

How can I do this?

Thanks

Dan Reber

Labels (1)
1 Reply
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hey Dan, it would be in the chart properties somewhere if it is there.  I have been digging in the Help, and unfortunately not finding much in that regard, and I do not have an app with a Boxplot handy to poke around there.  If you have already checked all the Chart Properties after creating the Boxplot, I would have to say what you want to do is likely not possible.  The only thing to which I could point at that point would be an Extension potentially, but I have no idea if anyone has done any related to Boxplots or not.  

I did check the Design Blog area and Henric did do a post on Boxplots, so I am going to give you that link below, not sure it will be of any help, but maybe it will give you another idea.  Sorry I do not have anything better.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/Recipe-for-a-Box-Plot/ba-p/1471745

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.