cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Total line type in line chart

Colleagues, good day!

I have one pivot table, which also include Total line by activating Total in Dimension Limits Tab.

Tell me please, how i can change type of this total? (for example, dotted line)

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Click the + to the left of your expression and set the Line Style as per the Qv Desktop Help pasted below :

Line Style

Click on Line Style in order to enter an attribute expression for calculating the line style for the line or line segment associated with the data point. This type of attribute expression only has effect on line, combo and radar charts.

The relative width of the line can be controlled by including a tag <Wn> where n is a multiplying factor to be applied on the default line width of the chart. The number n must be a real number between 0.5 and 8. Example: <W2.5>. The style of the line can be controlled by including a tag <Sn> where n is an integer between 1 and 4 indicating the style to be used (1=continuous, 2= dashed, 3=dotted, 4=dashed/dotted). Example: <S3>. The <Wn> and <Sn> tags can be freely combined, but only the first occurrence of each counts. The tags must be enclosed by single quotations.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Click the + to the left of your expression and set the Line Style as per the Qv Desktop Help pasted below :

Line Style

Click on Line Style in order to enter an attribute expression for calculating the line style for the line or line segment associated with the data point. This type of attribute expression only has effect on line, combo and radar charts.

The relative width of the line can be controlled by including a tag <Wn> where n is a multiplying factor to be applied on the default line width of the chart. The number n must be a real number between 0.5 and 8. Example: <W2.5>. The style of the line can be controlled by including a tag <Sn> where n is an integer between 1 and 4 indicating the style to be used (1=continuous, 2= dashed, 3=dotted, 4=dashed/dotted). Example: <S3>. The <Wn> and <Sn> tags can be freely combined, but only the first occurrence of each counts. The tags must be enclosed by single quotations.

Colin-Albert

To show totals and sub-totals in a pivot table you should tick the Show Partial Sums option on the presentation tab.

Partial Sums.JPG

Colin-Albert

There was some confusion as your question text mentions totals on a pivot chart but your title refers to a line chart!

Bill's response is correct for changing the format of a line on a line chart.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks!

Bill, but this tags change line parameters for each values of dimension, but i need to apply it only for TOTAL line (which is shown by option Total on tab Dimensions Limits)