Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Total mode sum of rows not working in charts

Hi

Thanks in advance for any response.

We have an annoying issue with gauge charts not matching a table on totals

This expression in table with Total mode sum of rows returns 324 - which is correct

However in the gauge chart with same expression it returns 322, which is a result of sum of rows not affecting the total

The expression:

IF([Lead Type] = 'Conveyancing', count({$<[TicketStatusId]={'6'}>} caseno),count({$<[TicketStatusId]={'6'}>} Reference))

Question - does Total Mode not work in Gauge Charts?

I have tried playing with dimensions etc

2 Replies
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

I'm surprised the total mode is even available in a gauge chart. A gauge chart has no dimensions, no rows, so setting it to "sum of rows" honestly makes no sense to me. I'd think it would always function as if "expression total" was selected. Sounds like it is, so I guess it's working as I'd expect, and I think it just shouldn't let you select anything else.

To solve the problem, you'll probably have to do a sum of rows manually. Aggr() lets you simulate a table with rows. I don't know your dimensions for the table you like, but for the sake of argument, let's say it's Field1 and Field2. You should be able to simulate sum of rows by replacing your gauge chart expression with this:

sum(aggr(YourExpressionHere,Field1,Field2))

So I think in your case:

sum(aggr(
IF([Lead Type] = 'Conveyancing', count({$<[TicketStatusId]={'6'}>} caseno),count({$<[TicketStatusId]={'6'}>} Reference))
,Field1,Field2))

Not applicable
Author

Hello John,

I have a similar problem to the one you've assisted with above. I was wondering if you could assist on this. All I need to do is divide the sum of Total_proceeds by the sum of Market_Value. The way I'm currently doing it, gives an incorrect total. My expression is:

*************************************************************************************************************************************************

Sum({<Registration_Code = {'2'}, Vehicle_Status = {'Normal'}, Contract_Prefix = {'A'}, Salvage_Processed = {'1'}, YMDate = DisplayYM} [Total_proceeds])

/

Sum

Sum({<Registration_Code = {'2'}, Vehicle_Status = {'Normal'}, Contract_Prefix = {'A'}, Salvage_Processed = {'1'}, YMDate = DisplayYM} Market_Value)

*************************************************************************************************************************************************

I would really appreciate your assistance with this.

Regards,

S