Qlik Community

QlikView Layout & Visualizations

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Layout & Visualizations.

datanibbler
Esteemed Contributor

Trellis chart - different axes?

Hi,

I have a barchart simply counting cells (from an Excel sheet) which are filled with an 'X'.

=> I have made that into a Trellis_type chart.

<=> The issue is, in one of the charts I have now, the Count (the expression on the y-axis) goes up to 150 and the axis adapts 
        automatically
        <=> In the other two charts, the Count barely reaches 10 or 20, so that on that axis the columns are barely visible.

=> Can I somehow set the axis to go up to 150 in one of the three charts and only to 50 or so in the other two?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

Tags (1)
5 Replies
whiteline
Honored Contributor II

Re: Trellis chart - different axes?

Hi.

You can't. When you use trellis the axes are supposed to be the same.

datanibbler
Esteemed Contributor

Hi whiteline,

thanks for clarifying! I thought so.

I have found a workaround by simply conditionalizing the display of the expressions so that the expressions in this one area (it is only one) are not displayed => the axes now all go up only to 30, that's fine.

For that one area I just generated another chart which I also put in the container_box, with another axis.

Best regards,

DataNibbler

alexmosq
New Contributor III

You could divide the value with the maximum value per dimension (first dimension).

See attached file.

The charts with the blue bars are plotted against a fixed axis. This is regular QlikView behavior.

In the charts with the dark grey bars each value is divided with the maximum value within that dimension. Hence they show a proportion and not the actual value. The highest value is alwasy at 1.

A work around for this is used in the bottom right chart, which has two expressions - one for the proportion and one for actual values on data points. Of course, you will need to hide the axis, since it only goes to 1.

kamakshisuram
Contributor

Hi ,

I am also facing the same issue. Can you please tell me what is the work arroound

saurabhk18
New Contributor II

Hi Alex. I'm pretty new (~3 months' experience) to Qlikview, and I tried your method. The scale of the Y-axis did not change based on the largest value.

I have a trellis chart (line chart) with three cyclic groups as dimensions. Could you please suggest how I can edit your expression to suit my purpose?

Thanks in advance!

Community Browser