Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Trouble getting correct selections in Hierarchy Treeview

Hi all!

I've created a hierarchy displayed as a treeview.

When a user clicks on a parent all children are automatically selected.

This seems to work well, however a problem occurs when a user has clicked on a leaf node (one selected value) and after that uses CTRL and selects an additional value. In that case the new value(s) will not be selected.

(.. but if the user uses CTRL and remove the leaf node and selects 2 or more new items it works....)

Solution anyone? See attached .qvw file. I'm using QV 11.20

I've been using some trigger actions and a variable to accomplish the task so far.

Thanks,

OIav

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Olav

I have a treeview in another application and I don't get the same problem. I have just tried your example, when I removed all triggers it seemed to work! Do you need the triggers?

Erica

Not applicable
Author

Hi Erica,

The triggers are necessary, as I want to select all children when a parent is clicked, not only the one you click.

The default treeview function will not select all children automatically.

Thanks,

Olav

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

I would avoid triggers. It is much better to build this kind of logic into the data model. In your case, you could add a "Trees" table to your data model and make the selection there instead. Then you would select entire sub-trees.

Read more about a "Trees" table on Unbalanced, n-level hierarchies

HIC

Not applicable
Author

I agree with henric. When you select the top of a hierarchy, all tyhe children are selected anyway in the  Belongsto table (so all the Akt_Foreldrenavn are selected). So the best option is to design the app around this hierarchical funcationality

Having said that, your triggers seem to work fine on my machine (QV10 sr6?)

scrsht.png

Erica