Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Trouble with gauge chart

Hello everyone,

here is the thing, I'm trying to associate a gauge chart whit an object (a simple table, in this case), whit an action.

So I choose to restore an object when clicking on the chart, that's ok, but when I did that, my chart whent minimized, so I can't open my object by clicking on the chart associated, whitout minimize on of the objects, I would like to open and minimize my associated table, whitout stirring at my graphic, can somebody help me?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

All right, that's not exactly what I want, but I think is the only way.

Thank you

View solution in original post

7 Replies
hallquist_nate
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Are you minimizing, or using the conditional Show/Hide options.  Creating an action on the chart that sets a variable that will show and hide your table, might be a better way to go.

Just a thought.  Maybe you could post your file, then we could have a better frame of reference.

hallquist_nate
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

If I understand your requirements, this should do it.  It is just conditionally displaying an object, based on setting a variable.  In this case, you set the variable by clicking on the gauge.

Good luck.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Nate, it was helpful...

but, using the expression you told me, when I click on the chart, the action will, SHOW or HIDE the variable based on a condition.

But i want it to minimaze, and maximaze when clicking on the chart.

See how is my document now, if it's helpful

hallquist_nate
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

If you take a look at the Actions, there is a Layout Action for Minimize and Maximize.  I don't know if those will meet your needs, but they would allow you to EITHER Minimize OR Maximize another object but clicking on the object. 

Take a look and let me know if those will help. 

Not applicable
Author

Yeah, I tried with it already, but the problem is, i can put like 2 actions on my chart, but when I clik on it, the actions will run simultaneosly , if the actions are, minimize and maximize, nothing will happend, because the chart will minimaze end maximaze at the same time, so it won't work.

=/

hallquist_nate
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

The only other solution that I can think of, would be to make 2 small buttons, and position them on top of your chart.  You can set the buttons to always be on top, and then each button could have a separate action.  See the attached example

Not applicable
Author

All right, that's not exactly what I want, but I think is the only way.

Thank you