Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

User selectable document views?

What we would like to do is allow users to select from a list of document views, a dropdown with the following selections for example:

Full view

VP view

Analyst view

Similiar to role based views only the user can see and switch between any of them.

Any suggestions on how this might be implemented (we're using version 11)?

Thanks for any help!

jim

2 Replies
sushil353
Master II
Master II

Hi, please explain your requirement like what do you mean by

Full view

VP view

Analyst view

if you want some kind of restriction then you can take the qlikvew section access tutorial available on youtube.

HTH

Sushil

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

To clarify – I do not want to restrict a user to a particular dashboard layout. I want the user to have the ability to see different layouts of a dashboard. For instance, the full dashboard layout has 10 tabs. An executive may not normally want to see all that info – they normally only view 4 of the tabs and do not want to see the other 6 tabs. There are times that they want to view all of the tabs however, and they would like the ability to toggle between the full dashboard layout and the 4 tab dashboard layout. Other users may have different default requirements so there can be a number of different dashboard layouts of the same dashboard to choose from.

Section access as I understand it limits a particular user or group to a subset of the dashboard data – I don’t want to limit the user, I want to give the user the ability to view all the layout versions of the same dashboard.

Hope that clears up what I’m trying to accomplish.

Jim