Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Using Variable in a calculation

I am trying to calculate system up time in a table in my dashboard. I have created a variable in the load script to determine how many minutes have passed since the beginning of the Fiscal year which starts on 10/1:

Let MinutesThisFY=interval(now()-(YearStart(Now(), 0, 10)),'mm');

My source for this is currently a spreadsheet which has a line for every outage, grouped by system. Which means for any given system, there could be multiple outages to be aggregated. In the spreadsheet it has, among other columsn, a start time column, and end time column, and a column that calculates the difference between the start time and end time in minutes (column is called Minutes).

In a Straight Table object I have the System as the dimension, then as Expressions I have the Total Time, the MinutesThisFY, and the difference between the two in three columns. The first two show up correctly, but the calculation give me very strange results. The calculation I'm using is:

=MinutesThisFY - sum(Minutes)

However, the results I'm seeing are like this:

Sum(Minutes) = 8575

MinutesThisFY = 356663

MinutesThisFY - sum(Minutes) = -8327.31715277777 (Instead of 348088 like I'm expecting)

Can someone help me figure out where I'm going wrong? Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
calvindk
Creator III
Creator III

Use dollar sign expansion.

$(MinutesThisFY) - sum(Minutes)

View solution in original post

2 Replies
calvindk
Creator III
Creator III

Use dollar sign expansion.

$(MinutesThisFY) - sum(Minutes)

Not applicable
Author

Doh! Thanks Anders! Figured it had to be something simple. Thanks for your reply!