Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Using an image as help text

Hi all,

Is it possible to use an image as help text for a sheet object? For example showing a diagram or other illustration explaining which data is shown in the object.

I have already reached loading the image into qmem. But when I use this ='qmem://Img/flag' as help text, it will show me it textually, not showing the image itself.

Perhaps it's not possible, or otherwise I must be close!?

Help appreciated. Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

Within the comment or label and so on it's not possible to display pictures. You could show pictures within table-charts by the expression-representation you enabled pictures or within a textbox which I could imagine will be come nearest to your wishes. With an expression like:

= if(1=2, 'qmem://<bundled>/BuiltIn/arrow_e.png', 'qmem://<bundled>/BuiltIn/arrow_n_g.png')

you could show dynamically the appropriate picture and with the same main-logic if and when you want to show the object itself by using a condition within visibility (tab layout).

Of course your condition needs to be adjusted to your requirements, maybe with a pick(match()) on your selection-states (querying per getselectedcount, getfieldselections and so on) or by changing variable-values through inputboxes or buttons.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

2 Replies
marcus_sommer

Within the comment or label and so on it's not possible to display pictures. You could show pictures within table-charts by the expression-representation you enabled pictures or within a textbox which I could imagine will be come nearest to your wishes. With an expression like:

= if(1=2, 'qmem://<bundled>/BuiltIn/arrow_e.png', 'qmem://<bundled>/BuiltIn/arrow_n_g.png')

you could show dynamically the appropriate picture and with the same main-logic if and when you want to show the object itself by using a condition within visibility (tab layout).

Of course your condition needs to be adjusted to your requirements, maybe with a pick(match()) on your selection-states (querying per getselectedcount, getfieldselections and so on) or by changing variable-values through inputboxes or buttons.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your help Marcus. I consider this answered.