Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stuwannop
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Values on data points not displaying on stacked bar

Hi Everyone

This may be a bug I don't know but thought I'd post here in case someone had the answer. I have a stacked bar chart with 3 expressions and I want to display the total values using the "Values on Data Points" check box. This sounds easy and it works fine if I am only using two expressions but the minute I add the third the data values on the bar charts disappear completely! (by this I mean the values not the bars)

**EDIT: I actually have two other expressions which are displayed as lines on the chart as well (It's a Combo chart) - removing one of these lines makes it magically re-appear!

So far I have tried:

First thing I did was update the client to 11.2 SR9 in case of a bug.

I tried removing the expressions and adding them in again 1 by 1. As soon as I got to the third expression the values disappeared.

I tried different combinations of checking and un-checking in a different order - nothing.

Can anybody offer any advice?

Thanks

Stu

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

I think you can try to set the max values on data point in the presentation tab to a higher value

ValuesOnDatapoint.png

View solution in original post

3 Replies
stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

I think you can try to set the max values on data point in the presentation tab to a higher value

ValuesOnDatapoint.png

stuwannop
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Thank you Piet!

I'm not 100% sure what that actually does but I changed the value to 200 and it now works!

Thanks again for the speedy response and have a good day.

stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

You're welcome. I think it was ment to prevent a clutter of values being displayed in a chart