Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

View in current selection box - hide some views?

Hi

I'm making a Qlikview application that are based on two different data sets that have the same variable names. The difference between the datasets are, that they are compiled at different times of the year - one time a year and daily. The yearly data also has  daily data in it, but only for the newest year (2014 for now), because the yearly data is compiled the 1st of october each year.

In the script I have concatenated the two data sets - and I can differentiate the data by a variable I created (datakilde), indicating whether the data comes from the daily data (Daglig) or from the yearly data (Aarlig).

I have a sheet which is based on the daily data and another one which is based on the yearly data. Because of this I had to make some expressions in my list boxes.

Example of a list box expression with the daily data:

screen2.png

screen3.png

As a result the current selctions box shows that the data comes from the daily data set (Daglig). I guess this is shown in the selections box, because of my expression - but I don't want the users to see which data that lies behind.

Can't it be done in a way, so it only shows the selection "Område" from the last list box and not what data is is??

screen.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Maria,

Typically, in order not to show a field in the Current Selections box, we use HidePrefix (or HideSuffix).  For example, rename you field datakilde to something like %datacilde, and use

HidePrefix = %;

Another approach is to use a variable instead of field, but it may be less convenient in your case.

Regards,

Michael

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Maria,

Typically, in order not to show a field in the Current Selections box, we use HidePrefix (or HideSuffix).  For example, rename you field datakilde to something like %datacilde, and use

HidePrefix = %;

Another approach is to use a variable instead of field, but it may be less convenient in your case.

Regards,

Michael

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your answer. It helped me in solving the problem.

With your help I searched for HidePrefix on the Internet and followed this guide:

http://www.quickintelligence.co.uk/have-something-to-hide/

Kind Regards

Maria

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Actually I just found out that this procedure conflicts with another expression in one of my listboxes and in my pivot tables.

In the first listbox the HidePrefix worked perfectly. Here I wrote:

if(%datakilde='Aarlig', Aktivitetsnavn)

And the variable %datakilde is no longer shown in the current selections - which is perfect.

But I have another listbox with this original expression:

if([datakilde]='Aarlig' and [aargang] <>vThisYear, [År])

I have this extra restriction because I want to exclude the latest value of aargang in the listbox (which is stored in the variable ThisYear).

The syntax works fine with the % sign in front of datakilde and without the % sign in front of aargang - although I still have a problem with aargang being shown in the current selection box.

if([%datakilde]='Aarlig' and [aargang] <>vThisYear, [År])

When I add the the %aargang in the script along with the % sign in front of aargang in the below expression, the listbox shows the latest value of aargang, which weren't the intention...

if([%datakilde]='Aarlig' and [%aargang] <>vThisYear, [År])

I have a similar problem with a pivot table - where I also don't want to show the latest value of aargang:

This actually works fine, because the latest value of aargang is not shown:

Sum({$<[aargang]=-{$(vThisYear)}, [%datakilde]={'Aarlig'}>} STÅ)

But when I add  the %aargang in the script and the  % sign in front of aargang, the latest value of aargang appears:

Sum({$<%aargang=-{$(vThisYear)}, [%datakilde]={'Aarlig'}>} STÅ)

It is as though the expressions with the aargang restriction can't handle the %aargang?

Kind Regards Maria

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It looks like the field %aargang is not the exact copy of aargang, otherwise they'd work the same way.

If you haven't solved it yet, you can upload an example of your app.