Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Visibility_condition for a straight_table - why doesn't it work?

Hi,

in the script I'm currently working on, there are several possible outcomes and the last piece of the code may or may not run correctly; So I check that at a certain point in the script and if the constellation of facts is such that the last piece of code cannot run, I just have an EXIT within an IF_THEN clause.

=> On the GUI, I need several straight_table_charts because one can be displayed only if the script has finished completely, including this last piece of the code (because the table which the chart draws on is generated there).

=> In case that this check I have activates the EXIT SCRIPT command, I have a variable that takes on a specific value to denote the status of the script - the same variable is present again after that last piece of code, only then it takes on a different value of course.

=> I would like to make the visibility of the chart dependent on the value of this variable, in which case - if the last piece of the code has not run, the variable has the value 1 - it should not be visible.

<=> That is the issue - I have entered the corresp. visibility_condition on the >>Layout<< tab of the chart_dialog, but still, in this case the caption and the field_headers remain visible.

Can anyone help me out there?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Make sure that the option 'Show All Sheets and Object' unchecked in the Security tab of the document properties.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Make sure that the option 'Show All Sheets and Object' unchecked in the Security tab of the document properties.

marcus_sommer

Hi DataNibbler,

if the variable contains 1 as value which should lead to hide the table you will need a condition like:

if($(var) = 1, false(), true())

Therefore it might be better to change the variable-value to 0 which is the same like false() and meant that as condition it is enough to use:

= $(var)

- Marcus

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi,

tresesco has pointed me in the right direction, I should have thought of it myself: At some point, I had pressed Ctrl+Shift+S to make all objects and sheets visible - that is why, of course, the visibility_condition is not being processed ... 😉

What I usually do to prevent this - but I obviously haven't done that here - is, I create a simple textbox with a text saying that currently all visibility_conditions are being overruled, and I give that object the visibility_condition >>1=2<< - that way, that text will only be visible if all objects are set to show.

Best regards,

DataNibbler