Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Visualization with alternative texts

Hi,

in general, my task is to display data from two different tables in my datamodel side by side - one is planning_data and one is actual_data.

The complicating fact is that this chart has two dimensions. I can create that dimension in the planning_data, but it is of course named differently to avoid a loop-link.

=> So I had to insert an inline table with 8 values.

Now I have some code which worked in another chart - that was simpler - that goes like this:

>> If there is a value >0, then display this, else display a text << - whereby I used the DUAL() function with the nr. 1 to force the display of this text when there is no value to display (well, there is 0)

In this more complex chart, the code goes like that:

>> If the artificial_dimention = 'X', then IF there is a value, display this, else display a DUAL([text], 1), else display 0 << - so now I have two nested IFs.

That also works, kind of, only for the DUAL(), the chart now displays the nr. 1 when there is no value >0 - but it should display the text.

This worked in the other chart, so why doesn't it work in this one? How can I force QlikView to display the text_part of the DUAL()?

Can somebody give me a hint on how to achieve this?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

P.S.: I forgot to mention, I have a barchart, only that last one where it worked was horizontal, this one is vertical.

0 Replies