Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
somenathroy
Creator III
Creator III

Want to show Working.gif when moving from Tab to Tab within Document

Dear All,

I am facing a problem related to UI. I have hosted a QVW application in QV server11.  The QVW doc contains many tabs within which some of the charts and tables are rendered with huge amount of data and complex expression logics. As a result users often experience a blank sheet when moving from one tab to another for a while. Depending upon the complexity of the expressions and amount of data this delay time increases when moving from tab to tab within the document.

My requirement is to show a .GIF file (like <QV Server Installation path>\Server\QlikViewClients\QlikViewAjax\htc\Images\Working.gif) within the center of each tab until the Charts are started to render when moving from tab to tab. Thus user can feel that chart rendering is in progress.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Som

3 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Nath

to show an image you may use  [Bundle] info load Field1, filed2 From ....

to store images and have a file with images

BUT you can simply use a text object with conditionnal display

(MORE) BUT  you should better put some condition to force the user to select data or limit your display under condition or check your memory size or others best practices

It is better to act on the amount of the data to show instead.

I hope you can deal with it

Best regards

Chris

somenathroy
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks for your suggestions.

Your 1st option, Bundle Load is not related to my problem.

For 2nd option, Is there any such condition that can tell Charts are started to show ? It would not be acceptable to fix out some time interval to keep in display the text object.

Best practices are always the best options, but this is not the direct resolution of the said problem.

Regards,

Som

Not applicable

Hi Nath

you can fix condition in "disposition" tab  under conditionnal display

for example  =count(FieldName) < 1000   will display graphs only if there are less than 1000 rows fetched

best regards

Chris