Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Why Does Pie Chart In PDF Print Have Vertical Lines (Sample attached) ?

Hi,

I have used QlikViewPDF printer.

When I preview my report containing a pie-chart in the rinter, the chart look beautiful.

However, in printed PDF, the pie chart has multiple rows of vertical lines making the chart  ugly.

What could be the reason? Same problem occurs with Adobe PDF printer also.

I am attaching both what I see in preview  and what I finally get in PDF.

How can we get what we actually see (WYSWYG) ?

Kindly share your experience and thoughts.

Regards,

KSP

WHAT I SEE IN PREVIEW
WHAT I FINALLY GET IN PDF
As seen in QlikView Report Preview.PNGFinal PDF.PNG
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

KSP,

You're not going to like my answer...  Anyway - get rid of "3-d bars" and "raised" pie.  These fancy features do not add any useful informtion, and only add to small but annoying problems  like this one with PDF.  And take memory and much more time printing.  And much larger PDF files than with plain pie and flat bars.

Take a look at this post:  http://community.qlik.com/message/136696#136696, especially the response from John W.

Regards,

Michael

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

KSP,

You're not going to like my answer...  Anyway - get rid of "3-d bars" and "raised" pie.  These fancy features do not add any useful informtion, and only add to small but annoying problems  like this one with PDF.  And take memory and much more time printing.  And much larger PDF files than with plain pie and flat bars.

Take a look at this post:  http://community.qlik.com/message/136696#136696, especially the response from John W.

Regards,

Michael

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Michael Solomovich. I removed the 3d effect after reading the post you suggested.

KSP

whiteline
Master II
Master II

Despite the fact that I hold the same view on "fancy features", I think that it's not right when something that supposed to work isn't working.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Agree.  That's why I thought that KSP wouldn't like my answer.

Regards,

Michael

Not applicable
Author