Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Digvijay_Singh

Why clear doesn't work when listbox deleted with always one selected value

Hi,

I wanted to know why Clear doesn't work when a list box is removed which was having 'always one selected value' property checked.

Nothing works to remove the selection, I had to create the list box again, deselect the checked options from properties to remove the selection. Its Strange that object having selection is removed but the other objects are still respecting the selection. May be I am missing something basic concept here.

Please help to understand this. The issue can be recreated by making selection from list box, marking always selected value and then remove the list box object at all.

prob.PNG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

That's the way it is. It makes sense to me - how can you allow multiple selections in a field in one object, and restrict it in another. Selections apply to fields, so a restriction to the selections should apply to a field as well. The only quirky bit about this is the you switch the setting on and off in a listbox.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

4 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The setting actually applies to the underlying field, so if you created a list box, set 'Always One Selected' and deleted the list box, the setting will still apply to that field.

To fix, create another list box for the field and clear the 'Always One Selected' setting.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

BTW -- A 'no-data' load also clears the setting even if a listbox still exists with the setting, as the field no longer exists (until the next reload).

Digvijay_Singh
Author

Thanks jontydkpi, I wanted to know why it is kept like this, is it a bug or there is any purpose behind keeping the mapping with field in tact even the main object is deleted.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

That's the way it is. It makes sense to me - how can you allow multiple selections in a field in one object, and restrict it in another. Selections apply to fields, so a restriction to the selections should apply to a field as well. The only quirky bit about this is the you switch the setting on and off in a listbox.