Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Window size fixing

Hi everyone!

I have a question regarding fixing of a window size.

When we make the window size down, some objects become unseen (keep beyond the bounds of window). Can we tune in proportional changing of objects on list?

Many thanks in advance!

Marina

5 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You can, but only in the desktop or the OCX. Resizing the dashboard is not possible in the AJAX client, and in the iPhone/iPad client it already happens automatically.

There is a VBScript method called FitZoomtoWindow that lets you fit the dashboard to the current window area. If you define the following macro:

SUB FitDocumentToScreen

ActiveDocument.GetApplication.WaitForIdle

ActiveDocument.ActiveSheet.FitZoomToWindow

ActiveDocument.GetApplication.WaitForIdle

ActiveDocument.ActiveSheet.ApplyZoomToAllSheets

END SUB

you can attach it to be executed when the OnOpen document trigger is fired, or attach it to a button that must be clicked to expand/reduce the dashboard. I don't think it's possible to let a QlikView dashboard continuously track the current window size however.

Did you first search for an answer/solution on the community? I guess there must be a 100 or more discussions that deal with this...

Best,

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Hi Peter!

Many thanks!

Unfortunately, it doesn't work properly. Defining the macro leads to reducing of document size instead of widening it to screen size and fixing objects size.

I'm sorry if I do it in a wrong way. I'm new in qlickview.

Thank you in advance!

Marina

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

AFAIK, you didn't ask for maximizing to screen size, you asked for a trick to make objects visible again that became hidden because of a window size reduction. That's what it does.

Maximizing the client window to screen size will be pretty difficult to accomplish as a QlikView document isn't aware at all of the device it is being shown on (browser? desktop? emedded in SharePoint? In a frame in a web site? MacOS? Linux? Windows? Android?). So how should a QlikView document instruct the OS to maximize the containing window to full screen?

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Peter,

yes, my question was incorrect, sorry. I thought there is a united solution for these problems.

Now I'm working in a Desktop document. Then viewers will mainly use it in web browser (desktops and notebooks), but with any OS.

Is it possible?

Marina

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Resizing a dashboard in the AJAX client is not possible using standard QV tools. Two alternatives you can investigate:

• browser features: most modern browsers have a zoom button somewhere which allows an end-user to scale a dashboard in a ver ysimple way. Not automatically though.
    In addition to that, most browsers have a Switch-to-fullscreen keybinding. (F11 in IE & Chrome)
  • if believe there are extensions that try to supply (part of) a scaling solution. I have no experience with them.

Peter