Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Wrap Text in Plain Table Box

Hi

I've created a two column pain table for a glossary (we had a plain text box but I want to make it searchable for the term).  I want to wrap the text in second column so it fits the display.  I have set the presentation>wrap text>cell height to 2 (and other values) but the text resolutely stays in a single line going off the display.  How can I force it to wrap?

I've had a rummage through the posts (not finding the answer) I also agree that the row width should adjust (or be adjustable) with to text so I'm off to vote for the idea.

Cheers

Geoff

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Nicole-Smith

What version of QlikView are you using?  It works for me in both QV11 SR1 and QV9 SR4:

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Nicole-Smith

What version of QlikView are you using?  It works for me in both QV11 SR1 and QV9 SR4:

Capture.PNG

Not applicable
Author

Hi

I'm using QV11 SR1 argh! my columns are the other way round ie the one I want to wrap on the right.  I'll try swapping them to see if acheives anything.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I don't see a problem no matter what the order is.  Are you sure you got the  properties right?

Regards,

Michael

Not applicable
Author

Hi

Swapping the colums allowed me to resize the one I wanted wrapped and this worked.  When it was on the right I could not seem to 'grab' the edge or re-size it anyhow.  Just a loser interface problem I guess though it would be helpful if you could describe the column widths in numbers somewhere rather than the columns deciding where they want to go on an already busy sheet.

Thanks both for the input, I'll see if I can go make it look pretty now.

Cheers

Geoff

Not applicable
Author

Hi

Swapping the columns allowed me to resize the one I wanted wrapped and this worked.  When it was on the right I could not seem to 'grab' the edge or re-size it anyhow.  Just a loser interface problem I guess though it would be helpful if you could describe the column widths in numbers somewhere rather than the columns deciding where they want to go on an already busy sheet.

Thanks both for the input, I'll see if I can go make it look pretty now.

Cheers

Geoff

Not applicable
Author

PS

Unchecking the size to data option certainly helps here Doh!