Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wallacechen
Creator
Creator

Wrap text in presentation tab in Chart Properties for dimension label is gone in qlikivew 12?

Hi Qlikview fris, 

It seems wrap text in presentation tab in chart properties in qlikview 12 is gone as attached? 

I remember previous some version , it can be found wrap text in presentation tab in chart properties to wrap text from 1 line into 2 lines if it is too long text?

May I ask if it is possible still to wrap text from chart properties in qlikview 12 for the screenshot below(Qvw attached)? or any alternative easy way to achieve this ?

screenshot wrap text.PNG

Thanks 

ur qlikview fri

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
wallacechen
Creator
Creator
Author

I think if using chr(13) approach needs to customize the way of "wrap" according to different text fashion. if got space between words in the text, can code this in the expression : =left(assessment, findoneof(assessment, ' ', ceil(substringcount(assessment, ' ')/2))) & chr(13) & chr(8) & right(assessment, len(assessment) - findoneof(assessment, ' ', ceil(substringcount(assessment, ' ')/2)))    to wrap the text into 2 lines as attached. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies
dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

What are you trying to wrap? can you show a screenshot.
wallacechen
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Dilipranjith , 

I have attached the screenshot with qvw. I was wondering if it is possible to wrap the long length text at the axes into two lines for the chart ? 

Thanks  

dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Wrapping dimension values on the axis is not possible.

Only option is possibly to insert a chr(13)

wallacechen
Creator
Creator
Author

I think if using chr(13) approach needs to customize the way of "wrap" according to different text fashion. if got space between words in the text, can code this in the expression : =left(assessment, findoneof(assessment, ' ', ceil(substringcount(assessment, ' ')/2))) & chr(13) & chr(8) & right(assessment, len(assessment) - findoneof(assessment, ' ', ceil(substringcount(assessment, ' ')/2)))    to wrap the text into 2 lines as attached. 

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Wallace, found something that I think will work, the 'Truncate' option on the Axes tab settings...  See the attached screenshot, hopefully that may do the trick.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
wallacechen
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks. That was the very first time solution I tried.. It doesn't work out in that way I described for my question. And I had shared the customised expression code that works out properly according to a specific use case.