Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pranaview
Creator III
Creator III

X-axis scrollbar goes to the left in the WebView even though Reversed in presentation tab is checked

Hi Guys,

I have used Reversed checkbox in the presentation tab of a chart to keep the scroll bar to the right when user sees it but it's not working for me as soon as i switch the layout to webview. I am using a cyclic group as my x-axis dimension here.

any workaround or suggestion will help as users simply want it at the right side as it's for a trend chart.

Thanks!

Labels (4)
2 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

I believe you have misinterpreted the 'Reverse' setting, here is what the Help says:

Checking the box displays the values in reversed order.

So it does not change the scrolling, it simply reverses the values, so you should be seeing the values that were on the left move to the right etc...

I would suggest reviewing the Help documentation for the chart type you are using to be sure of the documented behavior, if you find a discrepancy, then I would recommend submitting a support case with us to look into things, but if things are working as documented, the only thing would be a feature request, which you could submit here:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Product-Insight-Blog/bg-p/qlik-product-insight-blog

Here is the main Help link too:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2020/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Chart_types.htm

Regards,
Brett 

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
pranaview
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Brett,

Appreciate your response!

I have actually seen that checkbox change the starting position of the scroll bar to right and not the values. I have seen that as a suggestion in one of the thread here as well. Guess there's some misunderstanding on the Reverse checkbox in presentation tab. 

I tried to go the macro way but that is also hit and miss really as AJAX and Macro are not very fond of each other. I'm still looking for a way to set my x-axis scroll bar to the right as it's a trend chart and users want to see the recent months data instead of 2-3 years old data.

I'll keep looking for the solution but thanks for the help!

Regards,

Pranav