cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
olivetwist
Creator
Creator

XML image load?

I have an app that displays employee info pulled from Web Services. Part of this app is a text box that displays the saved image of the individual you are looking up. this feature works perfectly when the app is opened locally, but the image doesn't display when the app is loaded through the access point. Any ideas on how to get this working?

this is the code used in the text box:

='https://hrapps/HumanResources/Directory/WebSite/Photo.ashx?identifier=' & EE_NO

EE_NO is the employee number for the selected person.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
olivetwist
Creator
Creator
Author

It took some digging, but we have figured out that it is a DMZ firewall port issue. Thank you for the suggestions.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable

it could possibly be security on the accesspoint server

when you test locally, are you in web view mode to best simulate how it would work and look on accesspoint?

are you running it in ajax or ie plugin on accesspoint?

olivetwist
Creator
Creator
Author

I am running in Web View and it displays. I believe it runs in IE plugin. I will check on the access point security.

olivetwist
Creator
Creator
Author

ok, so there is no security that should be blocking it. we also attempted to hard code an employee number and still not displaying.

marcus_sommer

Your local testing with the desktop client is on the qlikview server or on another machine? Servers are often special configured with internal access rights, firewalls and group policies.

- Marcus

olivetwist
Creator
Creator
Author

It took some digging, but we have figured out that it is a DMZ firewall port issue. Thank you for the suggestions.

Not applicable

glad to hear you were able to get it resolved