Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Zoom animation on chart to display small bar columns

Hi,

I have a bar chart with a very large y-axis scale, therefore some of my bar columns appear small. I was wondering if it was possible to add a zoom in animation onclick  where the y-axis scale re adjusts itself to properly display the small bar columns? I looked into animate under chart properties but didnt find anything of such a thing

Any guidance is appreciated

Thanks,

Cliff

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Cliff, do you find a solution? I have the same problem.

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I created one sample with Qlik as the following, is it your requirement?

The Detail plot and OverView plot use the same data. We can scroll the green rectangle part to review the overall plot. If we are interested in some specific part, we can select the specific range from OverView plot, and then the Detail plot will show the corresponding selected range in detail and the OverView plot still keeps the same. (we can set the default range for Detail plot as shown in figure1)

figure1:

non select.png

figure2:

select.jpg

Not applicable
Author

Qlikview don't have animation on graphs like Qliksense. You can also just select the area that you want to see, and it'll be filtered (with a zoom).

Another idea: You can use 2 graphs, one of then will be used to filter, and the second to see the informations. The first needs to be static. Something like the attachment:

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Rodrigo, thanks so much for your help!

As I use Qlik Sense, I can only see how you load data but I can not see your visualization part in Qlik sense.

Could you please provide a screenshot about your visualization and expression script if you also use?

Not applicable
Author

Hey man, of course I can

At print I've select C, D, E, F and G. I also make a little change comparing the version that I uploaded before.

print.jpg,

the expression of the first graph is only:     sum( {1} Value )

the expression of the second graph is:       sum( Value )

the color expression of the first graph is: if(SubStringCount( Concat(Who,'|'),Who)>0, rgb(140,170,200), rgb(240,240,240))

best regards,

Rodrigo Reis