Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pascos88
Creator II
Creator II

change visualization of chart, whan a condition is selected

Good Morning,

I need to have a different visualization when a condition in my list box is selected.

I have this chart:

Immagine5.png

when I select the Jan month the result is this :

Immagine6.png

but I want that the chart is show in different way.

I would like that when I select a month the chart show me always the P50 Product value for every month but only the Production Value for the month that is selected.

someting like this (I used paint to do this is not in qlikview )

Immagine7.png

Thanks for help .

Pasquale

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

In the second expression (red bars), add set analysis to remove the selection for the month. The first expression will still follow your selections, but the second one won't. For example

=Sum({<Month = >} P50Product)

View solution in original post

8 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

And your expressions in the chart look like....?

You should be able to use set analysis for what you want to achieve, something like this for the P50 expression:

Sum({<MonthField= >} P50Field)

i.e.clear the calendar fields the user may select in in the set expression.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

In the second expression (red bars), add set analysis to remove the selection for the month. The first expression will still follow your selections, but the second one won't. For example

=Sum({<Month = >} P50Product)

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Sorry Stefan. I see that you're picking up older & unanswered discussions, but unfortunately they end up at the top of the disucssion overview as soon as you start typing in the post editor... 

pascos88
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Peter, it is work.

And if for example I would like to have all yellow bar until my selected months?

For example if I select Febrary I will have the yellow bar for the january and febrary and always all red bar..

Regards and really thanks

pascos88
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Good Morning, I can open agin the discussion and ask how I can do if I would like the visualization for the yellow bar, until my selected month?

For example if I select Febrary I will have the yellow bar for the january and febrary and always all red bar.

Regards

Pasquale

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

That's easy to do, but it may require some explaining.

Normally, expression colors in charts are set in the Colors tab of the chart. However, any expression you enter there will be evaluated for the whiole chart, and not bar-by-bar. The technique however starts here: set the default color for your expression in this tab.

Now go to the expressions tab, select the expression you want to change and open the expression properties tree. Enter your color expression in the Background color field. If you enter something like:

= IF (condition-for-special-color, SpecialColor)

then the chart will evaluate the background color for each dimension value and decide there and then whether to overrule the default color.

In your case, you could use an expression like this (or something similar):

=IF (Only({<Month = {'<=$(=Max(Month))'}>} Month), red())

The expression uses Only() 'only' ot figure out what the maximum selected value for Month is.

Best,

Peter

pascos88
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Good Morning Peter and really thanks for the replay.

Maybe I dind' t explane well what I need.

I4.png

the image should will be the results if august is selected for example.

Maybe in the solution that you give me the chart showed all yellow bar until my select and the other red.

Regards

Pasquale

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Oh. But this is simple set analysis. You want the yellow expression to stop displaying bars at the month you selected? You should be able to find a solution yourself.

Try this for the yellow expression:

=Sum({<Month = {'<=$(=Max(Month))'}>} Production)