Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

click to new sheet without button

I need to click on one cell of a column in a Straight Table (CH83) of my sheet 1 and, automatically, going to sheet 2.

How I can do this?

Can you help me, please

Best Regards

Nancy

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You could conditionally hide sheet 2 and the button until a selection is made in the list, or have the details infomation on sheet 1 and conditionally hide it there so it appeared when an option was selected. But there is no way to activate a sheet from a table selection.

View solution in original post

15 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Nancy

I have looked into it myself and as far as I am aware this is not possible within Qlikview.

Bella

Not applicable
Author

Buaaahhh!!! I'm crying!!!

Thanks Bella for your feedback

Nancy

Not applicable
Author

Please, who can help me?

Colin-Albert

You can add a blank transparent text box on a layer above the layer of your chart.

Custom layers are -127 to +127  Normal is 0, Bottom -1 and Top +1.

The Action on the text box can navigate to the required sheet.

Make sure the position & size of the box is correct and the navigation works before making it transparent!

I would advise you set the caption text of the transparent text box to something like "GOTO SHXXX" - Although the caption will not be visible, it will help you find the objects when you search on the sheet properties, objects tab.

This is good practice for any transparent or conditionally hidden objects

Colin-Albert

You can also set the chart to be "Read Only" on the General Tab - this will disable the ability to select values by clicking on the chart - which may help with the functionality you desire.

Not applicable
Author

Colin,

Thanks for your answer, but I need select one line of my table and, with this line selected go to other sheet with details for this line selected.

In other words, in my table on sheet 1 I have a list of project names. I need select one of these projects and, for now, I click in a buttom "Go to Detail" and go to sheet 2 which has details for this selected project.

My problem is that, for now, I can click the buttom "Go to Detail" without to select one project and sheet 2 appears messy because to appear all the projects.

Can you help me?

Thanks

Nancy

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You could conditionally hide sheet 2 and the button until a selection is made in the list, or have the details infomation on sheet 1 and conditionally hide it there so it appeared when an option was selected. But there is no way to activate a sheet from a table selection.

Not applicable
Author

The key is to not think about it as a button associated with a cell, but as an action associated with a selection.  You can create a trigger than will activate the sheet if the user selects a single project number, for example.  Does that help?

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Bella!

And How can conditionally hide sheet 2 and the button until a selection is made in the list?

Thanks again