Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

create a condtional show for an object/s

I have 2 charts - one showing moving range and the other is a control chart. They sit on top of one another.

I currently have 2 macro buttons that shows 'Activates Objects' and a list of the objects that relate to either Moving range or Control Charts.

When I select MOving range it shows me the chart with the Moving range...

I have several sheets that share this principal and several charts on one sheet.

How do I use 'conditional show' /variables to do the same thing? show/hide an object.

Thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi Sarah,

I've attached a simple example, I've  Created a variable named v_ShowChart, the left button sets this to 1, the right to 0.

Chart one has Show > Conditional = v_ShowChart=1

Chart two has Show > Conditional = v_ShowChart=0

That's it

Andy

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

On the Layout tab of the objects properties window you can find the conditional option. Enable it and you can enter an expression that should return true (any number other than 0) or false (0) to show or hide the object. You can for example use a variable vShowHide and use a button to toggle its value: =NOT $(vShowHide). Give it an initial value of 0 or -1. Then use for one chart the conditinal expression =$(vShowHide) and for the other =Not $(vShowHide).

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
simsondevadoss
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Example :1. Create a variable : v and assign a value 1.

2. Create a txt box actions->add->external->set variable as v =1

3. In chart , layout -> conditional as v=1.

Similarly do it for other charts. Set v=2

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi Sarah,

I've attached a simple example, I've  Created a variable named v_ShowChart, the left button sets this to 1, the right to 0.

Chart one has Show > Conditional = v_ShowChart=1

Chart two has Show > Conditional = v_ShowChart=0

That's it

Andy

Not applicable
Author

Thank you that is great

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

No problem, please mark the post as CORRECT

Cheers