Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

creating dimension from column value and finding sum of columns

Hi ,

I am looking for a solution to the below described solution...

I have a query which returns the following result

But, in qlikview, i want to model it slightly differently in a chart..

i.e. i want to pull out each individual value from 'batch_month' field and make it a dimension...and enter the corresponding fpr_brl_amount under it.

Also, at the end, I want to create a new colum 'Accumulated' that will sum all the values in the row.

I tried something, but it was giving me 'accumulated' field after each month..

I have attached a file detailing the query and the chart details.

Can anyone help me out with this, please?

Regards,

Anju

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

You can use pivot table then at the presentation tab, check show partial sums for BATCH_MONTH field.

Regards,

Janzen

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

You can use pivot table then at the presentation tab, check show partial sums for BATCH_MONTH field.

Regards,

Janzen

Not applicable
Author

Hi Janzen,

Thanks a lot for taking the time to reply!

I added a pivot table, then under Dimensions tab, i added partner name as one field,

and the second field--- i gave value as FPR_BRL_AMOUNT with label as monthname(BATCH_MONTH)..

and like you said under presentation tab, I checked partial sum for BATCH_MONTH...but, the chart is not getting populated..

Kindly help me out..

Regards,

Anju

Not applicable
Author

img4.bmpIimg1.bmpimg2.bmp img3.bmpI am attaching 4 images to show what I have done..

Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot, Janzen..It worked ...I did a little repositioning of the columns too..

Regards,

Anju