Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

equation on the first/last month of the selection

Hi,

i am trying to create a waterfall chart in qlikview to display the movement within a period: Balance start of period - total Loss -total Gain - Balance end of period.

I've done this in qliksense before and there was no issue (see image below). My expression to calculate the "Balance start" is: sum({<[movement waterfall]={'Start of the period'},PPeriod={$(=Min(PPeriod))}>}[Product in movement waterfall])

waterfall_qliksense.PNG

However, my expression in qlikview returns nothing (no data to display). It seems that PPeriod={$(=Min(PPeriod))} creates issue:

- I create a straight table to test, and when i use "if" in the equation, i have the correct result:

expression: if(PPeriod=$(=Min(PPeriod)),sum({<[movement waterfall]={'Start of the period'}>}[Patients in movement waterfall]))

result in straight table (#product start😞 correct number

straight table.PNG

- I create a bar chart

expression : sum({<[movement waterfall]={'Start of the period'},PPeriod={$(=Min(PPeriod))}>}[Products in movement waterfall])

Result: no data to display.

What do i miss??

thank you for your help.

3 Replies
HirisH_V7
Master
Master

Hi,

Please post  your sample application if possible.

&

why cant you use if in bar chart as well .

HirisH
“Aspire to Inspire before we Expire!”
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Maybe it's just a formatting issue of your period set modifier:

sum({<[movement waterfall]={'Start of the period'},PPeriod={$(=Date(Min(PPeriod),'MMM YYYY'))}>}[Products in movement waterfall])

Not applicable
Author

thanks for the suggestion, but i've tried and it didn't work