Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jasonseril
Creator
Creator

hide pivot table column

hello all,

i've searched the discussion forum regarding the issue and the answers were all archived, so i would like to ask what is the process (set analysis...) on hiding the pivot table columns ("Team, Branch, Employee Name") when "Etc" is selected. please find the image below.

error loading image

i really appreciate if somebody knows how. thank you very much in advance.

regards,

jason

3 Replies
Not applicable

1. You could use a calculated dimension ( if(Category='Etc', Team) ). But I dont think it is a great solution because you get empty columns.

2. You could use a macro and a button.

sub AddDimension
set Graph = ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject( "CH04" )
Graph.AddDimension "GES_NR"
end sub

3. You could create several pivot tables and only show one, depending on a condition (->Chart Properties->Layout->Conditional).

All three options arent optimal, so maybe someone can come up with a better solution

jasonseril
Creator
Creator
Author

ok, thank you very much Wedge. i will try all these options, and still open with other solutions.

kind regards,

jason

Not applicable

I go for the several pivot table option because its easier to implement, but it does give you a maintenance problem in that you have several objects to maintain.

I did try the macro method of dynamically adding/removing columns to pivots and straight tables and I came across so many problems with it that I gave up.