Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

how establish relationship between 2 sheets

Example:

A document contains 2 sheets (Sales and
Receibables)

On Sales sheet , there is an object (simple table or list selection) that contains the customer's name.

On Receibables sheet , there is another object also contains the customer's name.

I want to select a customer in the sales sheet and
that the Receibables sheet is filtered by the selected client

Could someone give me an idea of cone do.

Thanks for your help

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can use the Clear button in the toolbar, though that will clear all selections. You could simply make another selection in the listbox (or table box). Or you could create a button (or text object) and add a Clear Field action on the Actions tab of the button (or text object).

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

If both objects use the same customer field then a selection on one sheet will be reflected in the object on the other sheet. The selection is made in the same field so any object displaying that field shows the same values.

Not applicable
Author

thanks, Gysbert.

Each sheet query different tables.

Client_name field exists in more than one table.

When I select a customer in the Sales sheet, the Receibables sheet is filtered, but do not know how to reset to display again all clients.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can use the Clear button in the toolbar, though that will clear all selections. You could simply make another selection in the listbox (or table box). Or you could create a button (or text object) and add a Clear Field action on the Actions tab of the button (or text object).