Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

how to select all values from search object result

Hello,

I have a search object linked to 5 fields and I'd like to select all values listed when I hit enter key.

Actually I need to expand each field and select all value with the mouse and that is not easy for the user because often there are many values.

can someone help me to achieve it ?

thanks in advance.

Best regards

Andrea

7 Replies
Not applicable

I have the same question - would appreciate if someone could let me how to do this, or indeed, if it's possible

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Give me some example what you need exactly please

Not applicable

Thanks,

Let's say I have two fields, margin and growth, both of which are percentages.  Using the search object, I'd like to be able to select all records with margins > 33%.  So, I type ">33%" into the search box and a long list of possible values for both fields comes up.  Is there an easy way to select all of the values that I want without manually selecting all of the relevant values in the "margin" field and not the "growth" field.  I guess that using a normal list box I would just hit enter, but this won't work in this case as Qlikview doesn't know which field I want to select the values from.

Hope that helps.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

For this you can Add the margin in Search object using the Properties -->SelectedFields---> select Margin Field and Click the Add Button.

Try this

Regards

Ashok

Not applicable

Thanks Ashok,

All fields are available for search in the properties, so when I type ">33%", both fields appear in the list.  The problem is, I would think that clicking on "margin" would then select all of those with a margin of >33%, but it doesn't work.  Also, typing =margin>33% doesn't seem to work either

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I workout with search object as like your requirement /

I believe there is not such an option to select the particular value from the field .

If you need to select from particular field ,

then you want to choose Properties -->SelectedFields or List of Fields Option

Regards

Ashok

Not applicable

I think I want the same thing.

If I have a Search box, it searches All my fields.

For example, it might find "*John" in "First name" field and "Last name" field.

It presents "First name" with an expand/collapse icon, and 6 results nested under it, when expanded

And beneath "First name", there is "Last name" with an expand/collapse icon, and 6 results under it, when expanded.

I want to easily select all 12 results for "*John*" with one click or one keypress.

If I expand both "First name" and "Last name" headers and press "Enter", it selects only from "First name".

If I collapse "First name" and expand "Last name" headers and press "Enter", it selects only from "Last name"

Same if I were to click on one of the headers, instead of "pressing Enter" in both of the above cases; I can only get it to select from one fields' results at a time -- not all fields' results

How can I get it to select from both "First name" *and* "Last name" at the same time?

I think this is tricky because they may be mutually exclusive.

For example, suppose there is one record; First name: "John" Last name: "Witherspoon"

This record would be a First name result, but would not be a Last name result;

So selecting for "First name" purposes, it would be in the selection

But then apply the "Last name" selection, where "Witherspoon" is not a result, would exclude "John Witherspoon"

Therefore it would show no results?

Implied in here is I want the Union of all results, so the above doesn't happen.

Must I build a trigger to achieve this manually?