Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
salted
Contributor II
Contributor II

incorrect number of selection displayed on the current selection box

incorrect number of selection displayed on the current selection box

that is selected items are around 21 and on the current selection box it displays 141 of 123133 against that selected field.

data is displayed of 21 values.

Labels (2)
7 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi, can you upload a sample to check or at least an image.

Maybe you are selecting dates but internally it's storing also time, so there are many different values for the same date.

martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

in the current selection object you see the numbers of selected values, not for the available.

Example:

You select in field date all values from Jan 1 2019 to Jan 31 2019 -> 31 values selected, 31 values available in listbox.

Now you select one country. In that country you only have datas from 10 days.

In selection box you still have 31 values selected (becaue you have selected them, in listbox only 10 because only in 10 days there are datas from the selected country.

Regards

salted
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi,

it has nothing to with dates,

the count here is incorrect that is 471the count here is incorrect that is 471

the count here is incorrect that is 471

selected is 1selected is 1

whereas selected value is 1 

data in straight table is displayed of just the selected values

rubenmarin

Hi, as Martin says maybe there is another field (like a hidden language or currency field) that affects selected values. Hidden fields selctions won't be shown at current selections object.

I haven't seen this happening before so I think there should be an explanation. If you manually delete selections and select a single value still says a different number?

Also you can create text boxes to confirm if there is some kind of consistency:

- =GetCurrentSelections(',') -> should return the same value as current selctions (471)

- =GetSelectedCount(FieldName) -> should return current avaiable selections (1)

salted
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I checked thoroughly, there are no hidden fields .

i selected a single field and it changed to 1 

tried the functions got the same results

rubenmarin

Hard to say without havig the possibility of taking a look at the app or a sample but everything points to some other filed selection limiting possible # Material

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Parth, this may be related to a defect, if you are not running the latest SR for the major release you are using, I would recommend downloading the latest SR and try things there, as if it is a defect, that will likely address things.  If you post the version you are running, I can try to see if I can find something, I do seem to recall some issues in the Current Selections object a while back, but I need some further detail to try to go look things up for you.

The latest SRs for the supported releases are as follows:

11.20.13804 SR19

12.20.21000 SR9

12.30.20300 SR3

12.40.20100 SR1

I left off 12.10 as support ends 14 November 2019 on it...

Best I have for the moment.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.