Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

keep all filters when selecting cells in a pivot

Hello

I have a pivot table.

When I select a cell, say intersection: value1 || A, everything works fine. However if I then select value3 || A, the A filter disappears.

Every cell the user selects should pass both filters, not remove one if it happens to be from the row.

How to do I achieve this behaviour?

Thank you,

Andy.

col1headergroup1valueheadergroup2value

A

value1value3
Bvalue2value4
6 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You shouldn't 'select' values in expression cells. Expression values cannot be selected. Clicking on such a value will select all the dimension values used in calculating the value in that cell.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

my customers don't agree.

we want the ability to select a cell and display details in another table.

any other suggestions how I can make this happen?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Yes, well. You're customers may not agree that the earth is not flat. You try to make the earth flat. I'm not going to waste time trying, ok.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
ElizaF
Creator II
Creator II

Try to use for the request: "the ability to select a cell and display details in another table." the Container Object with two table (summary and details). In Presentation - Container Type chose Grid  with  1 Column and 2 Rows.

Not applicable
Author

Please, are there any other experts willing to help?

All is working except when I select another cell. is there a second approach I could take?

I notice that all dimensions are being selected when I click the expression, however when I click an adjacent cell and that cell shares the same value in one or more dimensions, it removes the filter. I need a way of applying every dimension value, every time a cell click event occurs.

I should add that my pivot table is using set analysis expressions so the table doesn't collapse when a cell is selected.

Thank you.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Eliza

Thank you for your response.

The details functionality is working fine, its when I select another cell where the issues arise.

Andy.