Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MWiciok
Creator
Creator

overlaying bars / background-color class()

Hello everybody,

I want to display how many items are ordered before an event starts. So I got a simple data-model with two fields: DAYS_UNTIL_START and NUMBER showing the amount at the Special day-combination. I created a chart and added color (< -21 green, < -7 yellow, red) depending on the dimension to Highlight what I want to say. This is the result:

bar-chart.PNG.png

this Looks not bad, but there is one problem: the bars are overlaying each other! You can see this ad -8 (yellow) and -7 (red). To solve this I created another chart using class() to Cluster the data for an overall view. This is the result:

bar chart with class.PNG.png

I grouped the data to a 5-day-corridor using class() to avoid overlaying bars. My problem with this chart are the wrong colors. It's too much red

So now I got two Problems. Can anybody help me solving one of These or even both?

Thank you very much!

2 Replies
Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Can you not just tweak the bar settings in the presentation tab of the chart properties to space the bars out more?

MWiciok
Creator
Creator
Author

Not really. I choosed the Option continuous axis.