Qlik Community

QlikView Layout & Visualizations

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Layout & Visualizations.

Not applicable

pie charts setting default color

hi

i have created a pie chart.. normally when we select one data value the pie chart becomes one individual color cz it represent only one value.. is there any possibility that i can fix the pie chart (normally when we select detach the pie chart values wont change/ move) but when i select a particular value except that particular segment, the other segments has to change in to a default color(ash color)

Untitled1.png 

this image shows my present display Untitled1.pngif i select the blue area with the value 11074 i want my pie chart to be displayed as the below image..

if some one can help me in this it would be really appreciated..

thank you in advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sergey_maka8
Valued Contributor

Re: pie charts setting default color

Right Click by chart\Properties..\Expressions\Click + near your expression\Background\

Please change the Customer in

=if(Customer=Customer, color(FieldIndex('Customer',Customer)), LightGray())

to your dimension field

38 Replies

This technique, "Brushing", is covered in Stephen Redmond's excellent book "QlikView for Developers Cookbook"

http://www.amazon.com/QlikView-Developers-Cookbook-Stephen-Redmond/dp/1782179739/

Attached is an example for your specific question.

-Rob

http://masterssummit.com

http://robwunderlich.com

sergey_maka8
Valued Contributor

Hi,

PFA

I set background color for the expression in this way:

IF(GetSelectedCount(Id)<1,

ColorMix1 ((1+Sign(2*(sum(Value)-RangeMin (top(total sum(Value),1,NoOfRows(total))))/(RangeMax (top(total sum(Value),1,NoOfRows(total)))-RangeMin (top(total sum(Value),1,NoOfRows(total))))-1)*Sqrt(Fabs((2*(sum(Value)-RangeMin (top(total sum(Value),1,NoOfRows(total))))/(RangeMax (top(total sum(Value),1,NoOfRows(total)))-RangeMin (top(total sum(Value),1,NoOfRows(total))))-1))))/2, ARGB(255, 0, 255, 0), ARGB(255, 0,0, 255))

,IF(Match(GetFieldSelections(Id),Id)>=0,green(),RGB(179,179,179)))

Not applicable

hi Rob

i tried doing it exactly the way the book said but with a pie chart not the line chart but it did not work :/ and i am unable to view you .qvw file cz i am using a personal edition will it be possible for you to send me screen shots plz ??

Not applicable

hi Sergey

since i am using a personal edition i am unable to view you .qvw file. will it be possible for you to send me screen shots plzz??

sergey_maka8
Valued Contributor

Screenshots are attached,

but Rob Wunderlich's solution is much better

Not applicable

hi Sergey

i tried the exact same thing but this did not work is it cz my ID field contains a string value??

sergey_maka8
Valued Contributor

I don't think so.

Can you share your app?

Not applicable

sorry Sergey due to office resources are been used i can not share the app.. :/

Not applicable

oki i got this working but why dose it show all segments in black initially before i select any thing?? can't i show the segments with the same default colors without green??

Community Browser