Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

protect data in a sheet from being exported

Dear All,

I have a qlikview document and for 1 particular sheet I want the users to be able to see the data, but it should not be possible to export, copy or send the data to excel.

This basically means, when the user clicks the right mouse button (rest has been dealt with in document properties) I want the following options excluded/removed:

- Print

- export

- copy to clipboard

- send to excel

I already have data restriction in my report via section access, but for 1 tab it should only be possible to view the data.

is this even possible in Qlikview 10/11? I checked the forums but could not find any info on this.

thanks for your help.

Best regards

Bob

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

May be you would need to go to Setting and Document Properties -> Security and uncheck Allow Export option.

Regards,

Varsha

View solution in original post

8 Replies
marcel_olmo
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

This is what you want?

TableBox.png

Not applicable
Author

Hi Marcel,

this is what I did already and this does not cover it, because when you open the table/graph/etc it is still possible to right click the mouse button and select the export functions from there.

Not applicable
Author

see picture of what I mean. I want to remove some of the selection options when you right click an objectqv export restriction.png

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

May be you would need to go to Setting and Document Properties -> Security and uncheck Allow Export option.

Regards,

Varsha

Not applicable
Author

Check my above reply. Hope this solves your issue

Regards,

Varsha

Not applicable
Author

Hi Varsha,

Thanks for your reply, but I tried that already  but that does not work (even after reloading).

I unmarked the Allow export and Allow print fields in your given path.

Am I missing something or is my request not possible?

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Check my attached sample here and cross check your Document sheet properties.

Not applicable
Author

Sorry for my first reply. this worked indeed, but not for me as I am the developer. other users are not allowed to copy or export. thanks for your quick reply