Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

"Texts in diagram" in a barchart - can I format that?

Hi,

I have a barchart with the values of the individual bars in the diagram, just on top of the charts (checkbox on the "formulas" tab of the dialog). Because of some regulations rgd. the background, the position of certain elements etc. (CI_design), the diagram_area is quite small and now those figures on top of the bars overlap.

I have already tried the "font" tab of the properties dialog, but that doesn't seem to affect those values. Can I format them and make them a bit smaller?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

6 Replies
marcus_sommer

You could perhaps set the values vertical - see tab presentation and/or formating them as k or m values.

- Marcus

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Thanks Marcus!

I have solved this issue in another way for now: I just changed the settings on the "numbers" tab of the dialog, from currency to integer - now the figures take up less space and they don't overlap anymore.

Best regards,

DataNibbler

mikecrengland
Creator III
Creator III

You could also use '<h6>' in the Text Format part of the expression attributes. Just click on the + next to your expression name.

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Mike,

that's something I didn't yet know. Thanks a lot! I will do some experimenting in that regard.

BTW, there are lots of possibilities of that kind I think, when you click on the '+' next to expressions in different diagrams. Dou you know if there's any kind of manual where those are explained?

Best regards,

DataNibbler

mikecrengland
Creator III
Creator III

Hi DataNibbler,

I think most are in the QlikView manual, but if you don't mind me pimping my blog, I tried to list them with some examples:

http://fortunecookiebi.blogspot.com/2012/09/expression-attributes.html

mike

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Thanks!

I've never actually done much reading in the manual - I have the book "QlikView 11 for Developers" and since I have that, I don't usually mess with the manual.

The screenshots in your blog are blocked here, but it does look good.

Best regards,

DataNibbler