Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
divya_anand
Creator III
Creator III

set analysis - 2 different conditions

Hi,

I am trying to get the count of complaints

condition 1: if the supplier family of the complaint is 'ABC', then there are no extra criteria, it should just consider that complaint

condition 2: if the supplier family of the complaint is not 'ABC', then it should check another condition Portal_Status-={0}.

Below is the expression I am using in the chart:

Count({<Supplier_Family={'ABC'} >
+
<
Supplier_Family-={'ABC'}, Portal_Status-={0}, Company_Name-={'Test Supplier','Test Supplier','Test Company'} >}DISTINCT Complaint_Number)

Now the issue with this expression is this-

1. Without any selections, it is correct.

2. When I select a Supplier_Family, for eg. KGR, what I need to see is 0 (according to my 2 conditions mentioned above), but it shows the values for "ABC".

I understand it is showing correctly based on the expression, but could someone help me in modifying the expression to show the results I want?

Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

You probably need the intersection operator * in your first field modifier:

Count({<Supplier_Family *= 'ABC'} >

+

<Supplier_Family-={'ABC'}, Portal_Status-={0}, Company_Name-={'Test Supplier','Test company','Test Company'} >}DISTINCT Complaint_Number)

View solution in original post

4 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

You probably need the intersection operator * in your first field modifier:

Count({<Supplier_Family *= 'ABC'} >

+

<Supplier_Family-={'ABC'}, Portal_Status-={0}, Company_Name-={'Test Supplier','Test company','Test Company'} >}DISTINCT Complaint_Number)

divya_anand
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Stefan,

Thank you for the response, while I check the data with the new expression, could you please tell me what does the intersection operator do here?

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Have a look at

Implicit Set Operators

divya_anand
Creator III
Creator III
Author

It works! thank you very much.