Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

set analysis with a subtraction

Hey guys. Still new to QV, and I have a question for you. Fairly easy, I'm assuming.

I'm trying to build a chart, to show the values of one field minus another field. I'd also like this to be presented in a percentage.

basically, it's:

apel_ltr_snt_dt - date_received

and then to turn that into a percentage.

These are date fields, if that's important.

Would anyone be able to assist? Thanks!!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

You do not need Set analysis for this.

First, what is your dimension? Let's assume that there is some sort of Transaction that has a date_received. Then you could use TransactionID as dimension.

Next is the expression. You could directly use apel_ltr_snt_dt - date_received as expression. But that just works if there is only one apel_ltr_snt_dt and only one date_received per TransactionID. If there are several, you need to specify which aggregation function to use, e.g. Avg(apel_ltr_snt_dt - date_received) or Avg(apel_ltr_snt_dt) - Avg(date_received).

Percentage? It can easily be done, but compared to what?

HIC

View solution in original post

4 Replies
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

You do not need Set analysis for this.

First, what is your dimension? Let's assume that there is some sort of Transaction that has a date_received. Then you could use TransactionID as dimension.

Next is the expression. You could directly use apel_ltr_snt_dt - date_received as expression. But that just works if there is only one apel_ltr_snt_dt and only one date_received per TransactionID. If there are several, you need to specify which aggregation function to use, e.g. Avg(apel_ltr_snt_dt - date_received) or Avg(apel_ltr_snt_dt) - Avg(date_received).

Percentage? It can easily be done, but compared to what?

HIC

Not applicable
Author

basically, each apel_id has a received date, and a sent date.

the received date is when my company receives the letter from a member, and the sent date is when we sent out a reply to the member.

so, I would need to show a chart, with the Y axis as percentages, from 0% to 100%, in 10% increments.

then I need to show (by apel_id) the percentage of letters that were sent out within 30 days or receiving them.

so, if the "apel_ler_snt_date" - "date_received" <=30, then it's good. else, it counts against us.

if, say, we had 100 apel_id's in October, and all sent dates were within 30 days of the received date, October should show a bar up to 100%.

Does that make sense?

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

I would, already in the script, create a couple of new fields:

apel_ltr_snt_dt - date_received as Delay,

class(apel_ltr_snt_dt - date, 10 , 'Delay') as DelayClass

Use one of these as dimension in a chart.

The expression should be

Count(distinct apel_id)/Count(distinct total apel_id)

Finally, format the expression as percentage (Properties - Number - Show in percent)

HIC

Not applicable
Author

Worked like a charm! Thanks!