Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

sheet vanishes on Clear

Hi

I have been developing a document and it has been working ok.

I have security on most sheets using show sheets -  conditional and this has been working fine.

(simple script loading spreadsheet with user name and 1 or 0 for each sheet)

The document was working ok, but now for no apparent reason if I hit the clear button my conditional sheets vanish.

All I have been doing since it worked is changed some items on the dashboard, but perhaps I have clicked/ edited something by mistake

When I close and reopen the document the sheets re appear

any help appreciated

regards

John

(Using Version 10 64bit)

6 Replies
derekjones
Creator III
Creator III

Hi John

can you copy and paste in this discussion the condition expression you are using in your sheet properties to verify if user can view the sheet?

I suspect that by hitting the clear button you are clearing the user and so on teh conditional check it's coming back false so not showing you the sheet?

rgds

Derek

Not applicable
Author

Hi Derek

Problem resolved - thanks for pointing me in the right direction

I also had a trigger on opening of the document which selected the user from the same spreadsheet.

seems like the load trigger is cleared when selecting the clear button.

I just added the on username trigger back into the clear button after the clear action and it works ok.

(not sure if this is the most elegant solution but it works)

On load trigger

Username

=upper(osuser())

Conditional - show sheet

sum(Dashboard) = 1

Excel sheet contains

Username        Dashboard

fifeab\johnomah     1

Load statement

AccessMatrix:

LOAD Username,

Dashboard,

FROM  [60_DataSources\Security.xlsx] (ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1);

derekjones
Creator III
Creator III

Hi John

I'd be interested to know how you have managed to put a trigger on the "clear" action as I've not been able to do this and have had to get around it by creating an IsClear state which I use in a macro check.

Thanks

Derek

jedgson
Creator
Creator

John,

If the username you have mentioned is the in your section access then you can tick the 'Initial Data Reduction Based on Section Access' option on the 'Opening' tab of 'Document Properties'.

This will reduce your username field to one user - the currently logged on user - so there will be no need to select it.

Jay

Not applicable
Author

Derek

I know there is the clear button on the menu bar at the top , however I also have a clear button on the sheet (my users seem to like big obvious buttons)

So I can add any trigger I want to it.

Jay has mentioned an option I was not aware of so I will be giving that a go.

John

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jay

Didn't know about this option

Thanks - I'll try it out

John