Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

want to create a dynamic bar graph

We have a bar graph for time period whatever is available in our database. When I was trying to select few months, still the y-axis scale are showing previous values and the bar graph is not changing? Is there a way dynamically change the bar graph?

I want, if we select the year_month 2011-05, 2011-06…. 2011-10 than it should show the y-axis scale with less number of call_count, by that it will show the bigger bar chart. (See the picture attached)

If anyone know that, please help me.

Thanks,

Sachin Kumar

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Sachin: do check your model. If the time dimension (year_month in your case) is dissociated from the fact table then your chart will behave like a static object.

Not applicable
Author

I have checked that. There is a relationship already exist, "Date_Key" which I am using in both dimension & fact table.

Not applicable
Author

So is Year_Month a part of the 'calendar' generated from the date_key?

Not applicable
Author

Yes..

Not applicable
Author

I don't think I understood your issue here...but here's another shot at it - did you try setting the Thousand, Million and Billion Symbol to K, M and B respectively - for the expression in your chart properties.

give it a try if you haven't done that yet..