Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Access documents from OEM server

Hello everyone,

I have to do some work for a client on Qlik documents but i can not find a way to access there documents.

I was told to get the license from the clients server and install it on my Qlikview desktop.

Here is my problem :

This Client has a Qlikview OEM - server and a license with only 2 document cal's :

from the LEF.txt :

NAMED_CAL_BY_MACHINE_ID;NO

DISABLE_DMS;YES

FORCE_AUTHENTICATON;YES

LICENSE_LEASE;NO

SPECIAL_EDITION;OEM

NUMBER_OF_DOCUMENTS

NUMBER_OF_DOCUMENTCALS;2

So i understand there is no license lease possible on the OEM-server and since they only have these 2 document CAL's there is nothing i can configure to access and edit the documents for them.

So my question is : Is there a possible way for me to access documents and help out my client ?

Thx in advance,

Pieter

7 Replies
oknotsen
Master III
Master III

Solution would be to license your local client from elsewhere. The license your client has is not going to help you.

If you are working for one of our partners, they should have a server license with a few CALs you could lease.

May you live in interesting times!
Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your reply,

As i understand from OEM license, those documents are linked with a product_id matched to the my clients server. Wont i have problems opening them if i get my license from elsewhere ?

Kind regards,

Pieter

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

You might be right.

But if you are, I wonder how those documents were made in the first place?

I hope someone else will join this topic and help you out as I fear my (license) knowledge is too limited.

May you live in interesting times!
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You can always check this with one of your clients QVW files and a QV Desktop in PE mode. That is if you are willing to spend one recovery attempt...

Not applicable
Author

Hi Peter,

I tried to do this but it throws me the message that the document was created by another qlikview user or on another qlikview computer. And that i'm not allowed to open it.

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

The LEF of this license posted in the thread is a QV Server license. It's not possible to apply a QV Server license to QV Desktop. Also, the LEF shows that License Lease isn't allowed. The only options would be to apply a stand alone QV Desktop license or lease a license from a production QV Server.

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I don't think the OEM product_id is used in desktop. It's only used to limit the documents served from the OEM server.  I believe if you have a local license on your desktop you can open any QVW from the filesystem (if not blocked by section access of course).

-Rob