Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nstefaniuk
Creator III
Creator III

[10SR2] Huge .Shared file

Hello all.

We have an issue with a huge .Shared file on our production server.

The server was in 10 SR2 and we have upgraded it to 10 SR4. After the upgrade, we are unable to mount the .Shared file:

- if we open the application in the portal with the Shared Items Panel opened, the application crashs

- if we open the application in the portal with the Shared Items Panel closed, the application opens but if we open the Shared Items Panel we have no items inside (except Bookmarks)

I have successfully mounted the same .Shared file on an other server and the items are available in the portal but if I try to view the list of items in the Management Console, the server fill all its RAM. I need to stop / restart service to free the RAM.

The file is 500 MB, which is very huge because we have only 300/400 users, whith maybe 20 charts shared to everyone and maybe 100 or 200 items owned by users. However there is a lot of bookmarks that are shared too. In a bookmark we can have hundreds values (for example all dates of 2011 and 2012), so if Qlikview store the bookmarks with all these values and share it to everyone, maybe it can explain the huge size.

So my questions are:

- why it happens ?

- how to reduce size of the .Shared file ?

- how to recover the Shared Items or mount successfully the .Shared file in my production ?

Thanks for your help

2 Replies
Not applicable

I am out of the office until 03/14/2012.

I will be out of office today for CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility). For any urgent request or escalation, kindly contact Nick-rcm Price or Jannette Lobemeier. Thanks

Note: This is an automated response to your message "[Deployment and Management (Server/Publisher/AJAX/IE/Web Parts)] - Huge .Shared file" sent on 13.03.2012 10:16:22.

This is the only notification you will receive while this person is away.

--

Informationen (einschließlich Pflichtangaben) zu einzelnen, innerhalb der EU tätigen Gesellschaften und Zweigniederlassungen des Konzerns Deutsche Bank finden Sie unter http://www.deutsche-bank.de/de/content/pflichtangaben.htm. Diese E-Mail enthält vertrauliche und/ oder rechtlich geschützte Informationen. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und vernichten Sie diese E-Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser E-Mail ist nicht gestattet.

Please refer to http://www.db.com/en/content/eu_disclosures.htm for information (including mandatory corporate particulars) on selected Deutsche Bank branches and group companies registered or incorporated in the European Union. This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

nstefaniuk
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Here are my tests

Test done on new application with only 1 user. The size indicates the size of file .Shared

No item

-> 2Kb

Create hundred of charts + text by copying/pasting 2 charts and 1 text

-> 629Kb

Create 1 bookmark on complete year 2011

-> 720 Kb

Create 10 bookmarks on complete years 2010, 2011, 2012, some with 2 or 3 years

-> 944 Kb

Share 10 bookmarks to everyone

-> 944 Kb

Create 10 more charts (all type of chart, create a Table with all items)

-> 1142 Kb

Delete the Table with all items

-> 1142 Kb

==> The size is not reduced when items are deleted

Create an other Table with all items

-> 1174 Kb

Create 5 huge bookmarks with list of values

-> 2001 Kb

Create 10 copy of the 10 charts (all type of chart, create a Table with all items)

-> 3734 Kb

==> 100 charts

Delete almost all objects, just keep the first chart and the 10 charts of all types

-> 3734 Kb

Deleting objects from Menu -> Server Objects doesn't work

Deleting objects from Server Objects Pane works

Delete all objects except bookmarks from Server Objects Pane

-> the objects are no more available in the Management Console

-> 3734 Kb

Delete all bookmarks from Menu Bookmarks -> More -> My Server Bookmarks -> Clear All

-> the bookmarks are no more available in the Management Console

-> 3734 Kb

Refresh application and publish it

-> 3734 Kb

==> The size is not reduced when application is refreshed