Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alvinford
Contributor III
Contributor III

Access Qlikview Access Point Via Internet ( For users Outside Network i.e. Not in our AD)

Hi All,

We are planning to provide access to Qlikview acesspoint for External users i.e. using a public IP. But I have few queries at Qlikview side . Please help to Answer below queries

1. Can we access Qlikview  access point Via Internet using Qlikview Webserver Setup.  As no IIS is configured in our environment
  2. As mentioned , Access point will be accessed by users who are outside our network . How can Qlikview authenticate the Users . What are the steps I need to perform at Qlikview Server Side
  3. How can we restrict the User to access only one application. As the users are not in our AD and we are using the DMS Authorization.

Thanks in Advance.

Thanks,

Alvin

4 Replies
marcus_sommer

AFAIK this is possible but it will have various disadvantages and risks beside the efforts to implement such a solution. Better will be to give these users access over a VPN and to handle them like internal users.

- Marcus

alvinford
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Marcus,

Thank You for your reply. VPN is not in our option.

Can you please share more details regarding disadvantages of making an IP public and accessing qlikview access point.

Thanks & Regards,

Alvin

marcus_sommer

I'm not an expert on this topic but AFAIK you will need an extra server with an extra licence within a DMZ then otherwise you would make your whole environment quite vulnerable. There are not many postings to this topic here but maybe this one is helpful: DMZ Server Setup for AD users over Internet from Outside the Network‌.

I think you should consider professional expertise from Qlik or your partner to get a stable and secure solution.

- Marcus

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

As Marcus has already pointed out, first of all this requires one of the following two licenses:

• Information Access Server
  • Extranet Server (if the users have a contract with you, i.e.: customers or vendors)

For globally open your application to the whole Internet, you have to use the first one which requires also anonymous authentication (or no authentication). This is set forth in the License terms at http://www.qlik.com/us/license-terms

If you don't have that license, contact your Qlik Partner, Partner Manager or Sales Rep to obtain one.

Then how to technically achieve this can be done via setting up a web server as you would do for anything you want to publish or using a reverse proxy if you want an extra layer of security.