Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Access Qlikview doc from tablet/smartphone

Hello all

I wanted to know how to detect a user accessing Qlikview server with a smartphone or a tablet ? I don't like the small device version and I want to provide a parameter to Qlikview documents in order to show special tabs (with particular graphs/tables) and hide others...

Regards

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Use ClientPlatform() to detect client being used. iPhones will indicate browser.safari.mobile

You could set a trigger on opening the document and set a variable say vClient = ClientPlatform()

On the properties of the sheets you want to display use a conditional display like vClient='browser.safari.mobile'

The sheet will only ever display if a mobile device us used.

Something like that anyway I don't have the exact syntax in front of me!

Dave

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Use ClientPlatform() to detect client being used. iPhones will indicate browser.safari.mobile

You could set a trigger on opening the document and set a variable say vClient = ClientPlatform()

On the properties of the sheets you want to display use a conditional display like vClient='browser.safari.mobile'

The sheet will only ever display if a mobile device us used.

Something like that anyway I don't have the exact syntax in front of me!

Dave

Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot ! But how can I do if I have 'brower.safari.mobile' to check if the device is an iphone or an ipad ?

Not applicable
Author

On the system I am working on at the moment I don't think you can differentiate between iPad and iPhone. They both indicate the platform is 'brower.safari.mobile'. I have got round this by adding a button to sheets indicating 'Show Full Application' in addition to the clientplatform() test.

It would be nice if someone else has got a better solution!

Dave