Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Access denied! The server (QVS) has no USER CAL for your account.

Hi there,

I wonder someone can help me.  We have users keeping the following problem 'Access denied! The server (QVS) has no USER CAL for your account' from now and then and I know they have the document CAL.  When this problem happened, restarted the services seems resolve the issue.  But it happen again after a while.  I look at the log.  When the issue happen, there are the entries of the log

Ticket created: Ticket for XXX\mbain.

Ticket Lookup: Ticket EB51A06AB1C590A8BEEF75F071B7674164123F98 was found.

CAL allocation: All 15 licensed Named CALs are allocated. No CAL assigned to user "XXX\MBAIN" - usage denied.

CAL allocation: All 15 licensed Named CALs are allocated. No CAL assigned to user "XXX\MBAIN" - usage denied.

After I have reset the service, there are the entries of the log

Ticket created: Ticket for XXX\mbain.

Ticket Lookup: Ticket CB434876A6C7736F6A7967639158BF5484D89136 was found.

CAL usage: Named CAL "XXX\MBAIN" now used - ok.

It seems QlikView try to look for Named CAL for that user but no spare named CAL available which is correct we only got 15 Named CALs. Then fail the login and not going to check whether the user have a document CAL but it seems OK after reset.  Interestingly, the user is login as named CAL after the reset.

Our server configuation is

NTFS

Named CAL: dynamic

Document CAL: NOT dynamic

Many thanks in advance,

Eric.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Eric,

Please contact support. This is a know problem..

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Eric,

Please contact support. This is a know problem..

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

Thank you very much for your help and reply.

Eric.