Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Access to QMC denied

Hi all,

I have created a new user that is part of "Administrator" and "qlikview Administrator" groups.

However I am unable to open the QMC.

What are the other requirements ?

Thank you for your help

7 Replies
avinashelite

try like this

Add your Windows account name to the local group "QlikView Administrators" on the QlikView Server platform. Then log out, log in, and reopen the QMC

amit_saini
Master III
Master III

Hi Laura,

You need to add ur name here:

Thanks,

AS

Not applicable
Author

Thank you.

I had added me to this group but I didn't know I needed to restart the server so it is well taken into account

It works now.

avinashelite

if you have got the answer..please mark the correct and helpful answers so that it will be helpful others

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You probably did not need to restart the server. You just needed to log out and log back in to get Windows to see your new group membership.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

I could see I was part of the group (my id was in the list) but still I didn't have the rights... I couldn't restart the server for example. Once I restarted it with another login (an admin one), I got all my rights.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I think that Jonathan's answer is a more Correct one.

Please mark as such in order to avoid thousands of QlikView servers worldwide getting restarted just to add a user to a local group