Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

AccessPoint - No Server

I have installed QVS9 SR1. I can access the QMC and QEMC no problem. From Firefox I can go to the AccessPoint page, which asks me to log in. So I log in using my credentials, and it tells me "0 of 1 QVS's is running" but says I'm logged in as myself. Below the dropdown selection boxes are the words "No Server". Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi - is your IIS set up for QlikView server using the default port (80) or a different port? I had similar symptoms, but my server was on port 81. After lots of messing around, I finally discovered that it is hardcoded to port 80, but at least it can be changed. This is an exceprt from a post for which I provided my own solution.:

In the C:\Documents and Settings\All Users.WINDOWS\Application Data\QlikTech\QvWebServer folder I found a file config.xml.

The second line of this file was an element called Port, which was set to 80. so I changed it to the port for our qlikview website, restarted services and suddenly it works.

If that isn't the solution, sorry to waste your time.

Not applicable
Author

I've had the same issue. I've renamed or deleted my config.xml and then it will regenerate itself (by either a web server restart or accessing the page; I'm not sure so you may want to try a restart of the Machine).

It should work after the config.xml is regenerated.

Not applicable
Author

I just resolved this problem with JCS' solution of deleting config.xml and restarting the QV web server. I wish that I had compared the config file before and after to see if there were actually any changes to it.

Can anybody at QlikView explain why this happens? Is it a bug or a "feature"?

Thanks,
Gary

Not applicable
Author

same problem!! why this happens....

Until Yesterday it worked and today suddenly does not work. Nothing has been changed and I changed the config.xml also but it does not help Any suggestions?????

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Cut the file from original folder restart the services paste the file to original folder restart services and ya its done