Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Accessing network Excel files using Qlikview server

I have a Qlikview doc that runs perfectly on a desktop version of Qlikview that is running on my laptop.  The file runs well on both.  But when i try to run it via a task on Qlikview Sever, it fails.

The file is accessing a network folder (UNC path) and looping through all Excel files in the folder and reading the data out of a specific sheet in each Excel (xlsb) file.

Attached is an example of the code.  The file seems to fail right away, so i am guessing it is something to do with the UNC location?  I know the permissions and files are set up correctly as the Qlikview file runs perfectly when run through the desktop version installed locally on the server.

Am i missing something obvious that i need to do when running via a Qlikview server task?

11 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Same problem here. Running Server ver 10.0 64Bit. Runing in debug on the server in Client and we can access network files all day long. Same qvw as a scheduled task fails every time with the same error you are getting.

What version Server are you running?

-Mark

Not applicable
Author

Mark/everyone,

I just solved this issue this morning.  It turns out that read and write access is not enough for the Qlikview service account on the network folder.  I applied 'Full Control' permissions to the user on the network folder and bam - my tasks started running in QEMC perfectly.

To be honest, putting 'Full Control' on was just a bit of a punt, not sure why it fixed things.  But very relieved to have solved this problem!

FYI, we are running Server 9.0.7646.9 here.

Many thanks to everyone who helped out in here!